Sunday, June 23, 2013

Stripe-scape quilt top completed

I finally had enough time yesterday to finish a jelly roll quilt top I've been working on for a couple months. I picked up the jelly roll at a quilt show last year and it sat on my shelf for a while because I was "saving it for something". I do this with fabric I really love...it will star in several grand schemes in my imagination, but ultimately remain untouched in reality. I adore the unrealized potential of a good fabric bundle.
But this time, I made myself commit to a plan, so I sketched out this offset stripe pattern. The colors and the patterns make me think of landscapes. I look at the blocks and I see the green grass, the red fence, yellow fields, under blue sky.
The jelly roll is "A Stitch in Color" by Malka Dubrawsky (for Moda). I made a plethora of extra blocks, so they will probably make an appearance on part of the backing, or feature in their own future quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment