Friday, February 1, 2013

Football Helmet Cracker Snacks

In preparation for Sunday's big series of commericals football game, I thought I'd share a snack idea I came up for my office's Super Bowl potluck today. I actually went looking for a snack idea like this on Pinterest and Google first, when it dawned on me - I may actually have an idea no one has thought of yet!

Football Helmet Cracker Snacks

Ingredients:
  • Bag of snack pretzels
  • Ritz crackers (or other round crackers of your choosing)
  • Dip mix - I used a Tastefully Simple dip mix I had around the house, but any mix will do.
Follow instructions for making the dip mix. Spoon mix into a plastic baggie and refrigerate. In the meantime, break the pretzels up so that only two loops are intact on each pretzel.  Take some of the crackers, and break them approximately in half. For a bit of a curve, you can use a round cookie cutter or the rim of a glass to break the cracker in half.
Take the bag o' dip out of the fridge and cut a hole in one of the corners of the baggie. Lay out some of the whole crackers and pipe dip onto the open face of the cracker. Push the pretzel "face masks" and the half-crackers onto the top of the open-faced cracker. Serve and eat.

These football helmet crackers would go great with some football bites, too! Those cheesy footballs were a great inspiration for me when making cracker helmets today, so check 'em out! Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment