Friday, January 25, 2013

Why married to colors?

Okay, two posts in, and I'm going to answer some questions that I assume you are thinking to yourself. Why, you might ask? Because it's my blog and I want to, that's why.

What's the point of this blog?
Not sure. I'm hoping it will be a mish-mash of everything I like. Maybe some stories from my day, some craft projects or ideas, random things that I like, stuff I've done, that sort of thing. I consider myself to be a lighthearted person, so this will probably be a lighthearted blog.
I started this blog as a bit of a challenge to myself, because I tend to get really excited about a project, start it, and never finish it. I challenged myself to to start a blog and stick with it for a year. We'll see what happens.

Why is the blog called "Married to Colors"?
It's a running joke between me and my husband that I am married to colors. Back when I was dating the future Mr. TheBreelyn, I told him how I could never decide on a favorite color, because I like pretty much all colors. My not-yet-husband replied with the classic, "Well if you love them so much, why don't you marry them?"
So, to take the joke farther than it ever needed to go, I pretended to marry colors. I found a blue and green plastic whistle-ring to be our wedding ring. I blew a few high-pitched wheeeeeets on the whistle-ring, and announced that we were married. And after a few days, I pretty much forgot all about it.
The joke resurfaced every once in a while. When TheHusband proposed to me, I accepted (of course!) but reminded him that I did still love colors. He was fine with it. Also, TheHusband is colorblind, which makes the joke even funnier. He lives in a world of blues and yellows and browns - he can't even fully appreciate the concept that I am fake-married to!

How are you going to end this post?
With a confession, Married to Colors-style: I wanted to name our son after a color, but TheHusband wouldn't let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment